THE ANTI-VIOLENCE CENTERS OF D.i.Re
FIND THE NEAREST CENTER.
The association D.i.Re brings together more than 82 women's organizations which address the issue of male violence against women from the perspective of gender difference.
The Anti-violence Centers are places where women who have suffered violence are welcomed. Thanks to the telephone reception, personal interviews, hospitality in shelters and the numerous other services offered, women are assisted in their way out of violence.
At this link they are available all telephone numbers of anti-violence centers D.i.Re, city by city in alphabetical order.
Find the one closest to you, region by region.
The anti-violence centers carry out psychological counseling, legal counseling, support groups, training, promotion, awareness-raising and prevention, data collection and processing, guidance and accompaniment to work, collection of bibliographic and documentary material on the themes of violence. Refuge houses, often with a secret address, they host women and their underage children for a period of emergency.
Friuli Venezia Giulia
Trentino Alto Adige
WHAT SUPPORT DOES AN ANTI-VIOLENCE CENTER OFFER?
A reception center carries out the following activities:
- Telephone reception
- Individual interviews
- Hospitality in shelters
- Second level hospitality
- Support for minors victims of direct or witnessed violence
- Legal assistance / advice
- Psychological counseling
- Awareness and prevention activities
- Orientation and accompaniment to work and education
- Construction of local tables, regional, national and international networks
- Data collection
- Training aimed at socio-health operators, from the judiciary and law enforcement agencies
- Support groups
VALUES, PRINCIPLES AND POLICIES
The anti-violence centers that adhere to D.i.Re share the following principles:
- The importance of the centrality of the point of view of the woman victim of violence in the search for solutions and answers to her problem.
- The process of empowering women in order to regain power and control over their own lives.
- The value for female victims of sharing the same experience with other women in similar situations.
- The commitment to respond to the needs of the sons and daughters of women who have suffered violence, and therefore to recognize they too are victims of male violence.
THE KEY WORDS:
- self-help: women who support each other and find solutions to fight against male violence.
- self-determination: regain self-esteem, regain possession of one's life and all the resources to become independent from the control of the partner.
- women empowerment: "Strengthen", regain personal, emotional and psychological strength to leave the violent or change an unequal relationship, if you decide to "stay with him". Become able to help each other and motivate yourself in choosing to live a life without violence.
- secrecy and anti-discrimination: every woman is welcomed with the utmost respect for secrecy without distinction of age, social, cultural, ethnic or professional class.
- gratuity: the services offered by the anti-violence centers are generally free, with a sharing of the expenses in the Refuge Houses based on their income