Candidate with: The left District: Central Italy
Previous European political mandates (with list / party indication): no
Previous Italian political mandates (with list / party indication): no
1) So far what has been your most important contribution to strengthen women's rights, especially the right of every woman to live free from all forms of violence and oppression? If you are elected, what do you plan to do about this?
Past and present contributions:
- law proposal: -
- proposed amendment on: together with women's associations we have drawn up the proposals to modify the national anti-violence plan. In particular, I contributed to remodeling the interventions addressed to men in their generality and those addressed to perpetrators of violence.
- specific project:I promoted with others the first public demonstration of men against violence in 2006 in Rome and then the two national appeals of men against violence. I coordinated the first national conference on work with perpetrators. I participated in the creation of the Five Men national video campaign against violence.
- material support to:I have supported in the incubation of the enterprise of which I have been the direction, the constitution of the shock social coop and of other 6 companies run by women based on knowledge.
- political activism for: I founded with other masculine plural. I participated in about 600 meetings throughout Italy against violence and against gender stereotypes, homophobia, in schools, in trade unions, universities etc. I have promoted in social forums a proposal against male cultures and practices in the movements.
- other: published the book "Being Male, between power and freedom" and I am the author of chapters in 25 other books on gender stereotypes, male identity, normative heterosexuality, gender education, etc. Participated in conferences on these issues in Cuba, Barcelona, Madrid, Zurich. I am in the scientific committee of the "Gender Identity" series of the Rosenberg & Sellier publishing house, I am in the scientific and coordination committee of the international Men in movement network, I collaborated in the promotion of "Educating for differences".
- promotion of regulatory instruments on: extension of parental leave to non-substitute fathers, right of asylum for reasons related to discrimination and gender-based violence, fight against trafficking.
- political lobbying: coordination with other deputies for the application of the Istanbul Convention. Participation in the European Men engage network with which I already collaborate.
- specific projects: European standard on parental leave for fathers. Contrast to the introduction of references to the pas.
- material support to: participation of women in research projects in the next European research framework program
- political activism for: creation of a European network of connection between the existing initiatives of men against violence (Ahige in spain men in movement, men engagement, masculine plural ...)
- other: -
2) If elected, how will it take action to promote ratification of the Istanbul Convention by the EU and its member states?
Above all, work on its effective application and adoption in national regulations on the most fundamental issues such as the gender approach in the methodology adopted by the centers. and enlargement to non-adhering member states. introduction of the topic in the negotiations with the associated countries and with which accession is negotiated.
3) If elected, according to what criteria will it identify and support the associations / cooperatives active against violence against women? How will you ensure them adequate support?
- exclusive activity in the field of violence against women: —
- prevalent activity in the field of violence against women: -
- activities in various fields including violence in the family: —
- gender approach to violence against women: SI
- gendered approach to violence against women: -
- approach centered on the rights of the minors involved: -
- approach centered on the rights of all members of the family: -
- minimum number of years of experience in the specific field: —
- other 3 fundamental criteria for you: -
9) through public funding mechanisms: SI
10) through mixed public-private financing mechanisms: SI
11) through private financing mechanisms: SI
4) As a future member of the European Parliament, how will you work to ensure that women have the freedom to decide on their reproductive rights?
- promotion of regulatory instruments on (indication of specific instruments and contents): Parliament initiatives related to national legislation on the right to terminate pregnancy. European framework standards on reproductive rights, care sharing, non-straight couples.
- political lobbying at (indication of forms and referents, stakeholders): Adoption of the Istanbul Convention.
- specific projects: European initiatives in programs of the various DGs in the field of female genital mutilation.
- material support to: NGO in assisting migrants in this specific area.
- political activism for: Solidarity with women's associations in extra-European areas with monitoring, support and exchange activities. Commitment to countering forms of sexism included in nationalist, xenophobic, and populist policies.
- other: Organization of a stable European coordination and event in collaboration with already existing European associations and institutions on the commitment of men in the fight against gender violence, stereotypes and discrimination.